Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Garden - Part 1: Insanity

It has dawned on me that enterprise, legacy, courses and all that assumes a level of stability that no longer exists.
With the coming of spring, my thoughts have turned to gardens.
Specifically - my garden.

My garden - an ever-morphing, ever-evolving ecosystem within a specific environment (in this case - my property lines).

The Learning Ecosystem - should be an ever-morphing, ever-evolving ecosystem within a specific environment (in this case - the University I work for).

The next few posts will explore this metaphor.
----------------------
There are areas of my garden where we are making (yet again) an attempt to do the same thing that hasn't worked before.

In THIS case, an attempt to grow grass in the backyard.

Note the little piles of grass seed and Clay Breaker.
The significant other INSISTS that THIS TIME it will work.

In the Learning Ecosystem - Instructional Design (or lack thereof). Guilty as charged.

Insanity....doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
---------------------------

No comments: