Monday, March 11, 2013

Prepping for Yet Another Conference



Completely unrelated...

Why is it that technology companies are out to make us look like Star Trek characters?

I'm just sayin.....
--------------------

Another week, another conference.
I haven't traveled this much for work in over 10 years.
Maybe I should think about joining one of those frequent flyer programs.....

-----------------------
This week's adventure is Learning Solutions in Orlando.

One of the more "comfortable" conferences in my calendar.
Not presenting (thank goodness).
Just hiding in my corner near the power outlets and blogging. 
You know, where you will usually find me at these things.

As with most conferences - I go in with a "plan" that I reserve the right to change at any moment.

This week's plan:
- Touch base with the folks I bonded with at Up to All of Us.  And a few folks from that weekend that I didn't get a chance to spend time as much time with as I wanted.

- Find Chad Udell.  We found each other, then missed each other at TechKnowledge.  May turn this into a game :)

- Really explore APIs.  Those sessions will get a lot of play.  Plus, it will give me an opportunity to see Kris Rockwell and Aaron Silvers speak again.

One of the takeaways from my weekend in Texas is the thought that there might be a way to create a system that allows us to track learning automatically no matter where it is housed in our environment. 

The technology isn't quite there yet, but I have a couple of people with much better technical chops than I do willing to play with me.  I hope to touch base with them at Learning Solutions.  Definitely following up in April.

There will be web meetings....

No comments: