Thursday, September 20, 2012

TDRp: High Level Business Outcome Statement


















This one will be the toughest nut to crack.

Mostly because we don't have a central decision-maker leading our training initiatives. 
And the greater strategic plan seems a bit vague from my view at the bottom.

No real "programs"
No solidly defined objectives
No quantitative goals that actually align to those objectives
Activities that (in the best case) only roughly move towards the ill-defined goal and objective.

I say this because I know for fact that our organization is not alone.

To my current employers credit - they are working hard to move that direction.
Baby steps.... but any progress is good progress.

Until there is some sort of focused initiative or defined set of business outcomes that the entire institution is expected to work towards, we will be hard-pressed to even begin coming up with this statement.  Much less the appropriate measurements.

(I am expecting to hear an "I told you so" from the Data Whisperer any day now....)

No comments: