Tuesday, June 05, 2012

#iel12 A Thought Between Workshops

I'm going to a different workshop after lunch.  It appears that the 2nd half will be more Google Analytics demo and a discussion of what each level of stakeholder is interested in.

At some point, I'll need to sit down and summarize everything that I've been picking up over the past few months regarding reporting and analytics.
-----------------
Fundamentally - the big challenge I see for my organization is defining objectives.
Managerial objectives
Learning objectives
Project objectives
Name the thing that requires an objective and we are having a tough time defining it.

The question "What do you want to accomplish?" seems to be incredibly loaded.

I am positive that our organizaiton is not alone.

And that makes me a little concerned...because all of the talk about measurement and analytics is kinda moot (in my opinion) if we don't know what we want to do in the first place.
------------
I'm cold (despite my layers) and hungry.  Time for lunch.

No comments: