Tuesday, June 01, 2010

#IEL2010 Workshop Day Thoughts

Talking with one of my classmates interested in entrepreneurship games for the 3rd world.

For Govind: Village the Game.

General search

If you all have other recommendations - please let me know in the comments.

--------------------------------------------

Managed to catch up with Mark O and Aaron Silver. I have a feeling that the cultural implications of social technologies will be a big theme during this conference.

--------------------------------------------

This is the first year I am coming to the conference with so many co-workers. Last year, it was me and the Veteran. This year, I have Sid and my new co-worker (nickname TBD) with me as well. I have a feeling that if this year goes well, we will be multiplying....

-------------------------------------------

Blogger --> Twitter --> Facebook feed = awesome.

---------------------------------------------

Brenda Brathwaite's Game Design Workshop was one of the best sessions I've attended in awhile. Her engaging and real presentation style, her experience and the way she incorporated interactivity (even BEFORE the Game Jam) made this session well worth the time.

----------------------------------------------

For those of you wanting to follow the conference:
The official #iel2010 Twitter feed
The not-as-official-but-still-useful #iel10 Twitter feed
The official Innovations in eLearning homepage - with a link to the live keynotes.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments: