I've hit a point where I am just too satisfied with my career.
- I work with great people
- I'm really comfortable with my current skillset
- There doesn't seem to be any demand to expand my current skillset
- I have no ambition, aspiration or desire to present at conferences
- I don't want to go into management
- I have nothing that will keep me motivated through 4 more years of school
So now what?
I'm kicking around learning more about developing mobile tools - but I need to find an appropriate project. Nothing I have on deck really fits.
Do I look for a problem to fit the solution?
I would also like to improve my web development and interface design chops. We already have a set template for our web site and others have control over content.
Maybe its time to start a new portfolio?
I can't tell whether these "goals" are over-ambitious, not ambitious enough or miss the mark completely. It feels like I am grasping at straws because as I write these goals, it seems like my heart just isn't into accomplishing these things.
Should I even worry about this?