My sacrifices to the technology gods were for nought on Friday.
UserID and permission issues.
Thankfully, I was prepared for anything life threw at me.
I probably could have trained without electricity.
Good thing, because it had practically gotten to that level of badness.
In a fit of necessary optimism, I decided to use the day as an opportunity to practice my punting skills.
Here are the tools I had at my disposal:
- Quick References. Also known as "teaching from the book."
- PowerPoint. I had a baseline PowerPoint presentation. Thankfully, as hidden slides for my reference, I also had multiple screenshots of the processes I planned to demonstrate. So glad I stopped myself from deleting these slides.
- A secondary / test site. Though this was up / down / suffering from some of the same problems as the site I was training on.
- Enough presence of mind to remember the above resources. This is a result of experience. Sadly.
- A sense of humor. Maybe the most important punting resource of all.
It was a long day. I will hear the results of my efforts towards the end of this week as to whether I even came close to my objectives as a result of these obstacles.