Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yet Another Brain Dump

Lots of brain space and spare time being taken up with Twitter, World of Warcraft, Hockey and work.

Much of this may wind up being the topic of more substantive posts later - if I get around to it....

Twitter - Feels like I am not doing something right. Maybe I need to pick up one of these Twitter aps so I don't wind up reading conversations between the folks I follow backwards / disjointed. Then again - maybe I shouldn't. Feels like a form of spying....

Twitter to Facebook - amazing how my Twitter comments, which make sense in the context of Twitter and the community there, wind up with Facebook friends commenting asking for clarification.

Blogger to Twitter to Facebook - still digging this. Now I can spam all of my communities with my mindless ramblings in one go. Two years ago, I wouldn't have found this so exciting.

World of Warcraft - those of you who said that this would be addictive...should have heeded the warning. Not just the game itself, but also the quality and quantity of outside resources available....

BTW - my "studies" in WoW have provided an excellent example of how to ping a network.

Captivate 4 - so excited to see an upgrade that actually solves a problem (right-click) and (thus far) doesn't cause new ones. Still not sold on the text-to-speech feature. I hope to have a short demo posted in the next week or so.

Maybe that will distract me from figuring out ways to get my (currently) Level 12 Undead Mage up to Level 20 by the end of next week. Her name is Grisela. Say hi if you run into her on the Winterhoof server. Hopefully, by then, I will have figured out how to chat back.....

No comments: