Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Thoughts Between Sessions

So Kevin Sigel is around here somewhere and blogged about Captivate 4.
Closed Captioning through Slide Notes. YAY!!!! I put my narration there anyway!!!!!

-------------------------------------
Interesting conversation with Mark Sylvester before the keynote. He's the CEO of IntroNetworks. Mark O. and Tony K. have convinced him of the value of Blogging. I gave him Ted Leonsis as an example of effective CEO blogging and 2.0 technologies. Mark's big concern (and mine too) is how the written word can and will be used against you.

What is the appropriate level of transparency anyway? Will it vary based on your position or business interests?

I have interest in this as a historian since historians use the written word as the foundation of our tools.

I wonder what all of this blogging / twittering / commenting will say about us 20 / 50 / hundreds of years from now.

Maybe I don't want to know.....

------------------

If you want to find the conference bloggers, look at the back and sides of the room....near the power outlets.....

----------------------------

3 comments:

Cammy Bean said...

It'll have all been deleted, Wendy. There will be no records when the digital archive dies...

Wendy said...

Cammy - I'm not quite that confident that it all goes away. The only defense I can think of is being so boring no one pays attention :)

Cammy Bean said...

That is (hopefully)more likely than a large explosion somewhere. But meteors do strike...