Friday, October 24, 2008

Random Notes from the Communications Reorg

I think I almost have everything set up.

- Found Twitter's facebook ap. Unfortunately, the new Facebook interface doesn't add your new applications to the applications area of the profile. As a result, I have to search for the ap each time I want to use it.

- Found Twitterfeed, which automatically sends a link of my new posts to twitter. So now I have a blogger to twitter to facebook interface. So excited I can hardly stand it!

- Mobile blogging with Blogger is awkward. My texting skills still leave a lot to be desired. I'll continue to use the laptop and wireless during DevLearn for my posts.

- Mobile Twittering with m.twitter.com is less awkward. I'm not certain how I'm going to use it outside of DevLearn. Anyone want to go see the Sharks?

- I turned on the Twitter feeds to my mobile phone for Brent S., Mark O. and DevLearn 08. Uh - did it a bit early. I felt like I was eavesdropping on a conversation between Mark and Brent. Sorry guys.

- Big fan of VZ Navigator. Reasonably accurate traffic (easy around DC - just assume everything is at a standstill), rapid route updates, very clear instructions and you can turn off the voice.

- The Metro alerts are nice, but I'm still torn about how useful they truly are. I seem to be getting a lot of messages.

- Downloaded Mobile Spore. Finally finished one entire game. Love it because it is Metro friendly - each turn takes 1-3 minutes. Level 18 (the final level, to my dismay) is a beast. Sadly, it only goes from primordial goo to the sandy shore. A teaser for the real game.

- Oh yeah - and battery life on my new phone is AWESOME! With heavy data use (for me at least), I only need to charge it (at half full) every 4-5 days.

No comments: