Friday, October 10, 2008

First thing I would do.

Took a closer look at the Big Question.

If I had start my career over again. The one thing I would do first is.

Look at lots and lots of elearning.

The good, the bad, the ugly.

Then I would ask questions about each.

- Did I learn something from this? (i.e. am I really able to do something with the information presented in the tutorial?)
- What was really cool about this tutorial?
- Was I bored?
- How would I do this better?
- What would my product look like?

Then - build a tutorial with what you know from your experience and what you discovered from your research.

Use whatever you can get your grimy mitts on (think cheap and something you already have) to do it. Start with technology you are reasonably comfortable with first - PowerPoint is a really good option. Determine the limitation of that technology, then move on to another tool that you think will get you closer to your vision.

This way, you have models of what works and what doesn't. You can demonstrate your superior Instructional Design. You can determine the strengths and weaknesses of the different tools that are currently available. And you can start a portfolio of work.
----------------------------------

I've been at this for a few years, and I am still asking
- what tools should I explore?
- what resources should I look at?
- what do I need to learn?

And I look at as much eLearning as I have time to look at that I don't develop so I can gather more ideas and models.

Learning as process.

No comments: