Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day 3 - Concluding thoughts

The Case study for Makrini told me a lot more about the game development process and the ideal relationship between SME and designer than any of the other sessions. Seeing it in practice is incredibly valuable.

Got some interesting information about creating an infrastructure for informal learning. My one reaction - I wish they talked a little more about the human supports behind the running of the infrastructure.

The Thursday keynote was my favorite - simply because I love seeing others creative processes.

------------------------------------------------

Overall - an incredibly useful conference for me. Didn't run into too many dud sessions of the ones I selected. And, from the feedback from my employers, I selected well.

Also made some valuable contacts and met some people I had interacted with in the virtual space. Some folks I missed because I was running around a bit too much (and, occasionally, as a result of deep-seated social anxiety - but that's a whole 'nother issue).

Pleased to hear I am going to run into many of these players again at Mark Oehlert's conference at George Mason U in June. Can't wait!

No comments: