Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Repurposing Wordpress

funny pictures

Repurposing case boxes....

------------------------------------------------------------
I've been trying to figure out ways to create an easily searchable database that contains links and allows me to make comments for my weird little perfume hobby.

I'm not a database programmer, so I was having a hard time figuring out how to put this beast together using Access.

And then...EUREKA!

Blogs have tags - therefore I can search.

Blogs allow me to comment on things - so writing stuff up is easy.

And blogs have the advantage of allowing public commentary.

Then Harold Jarche mentioned somewhere that he uses his blog as an informal library of the stuff he learned.

Hmmm.........

I had a Wordpress account I wasn't doing anything with - so I figured I'd explore this idea further...

Wordpress as interactive database.

I think I have enough stuff in here for proof of concept.

Sakecat's Scent Project

I know most of you don't care about perfume (it's OK - I fully understand), but look at it in terms of other ways this idea can be pushed further...other applications....

Then come back here to my REAL blog and let me know what you think about the idea.

2 comments:

Harold Jarche said...

Interesting idea. I had never thought of using a blog like this. Looks pretty simple to implement. I hope it scales up enough for your needs.

Wendy said...

Right now - it seems to be scaling. Since I'm not adding pictures or media, I should be OK. I'll be curious to see how this evolves.