Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Spit-Takes and Good News


Nothing like having a shock that winds up shooting Starbucks out your nose....(BTW - not a pleasant experience....)

Cruising through my feed reader, I found this from Tony Karrer.

I generally trust what he has to say, but this was so out there I had to check it out. Danged if he wasn't right.

Oh yeah - I voted for Tony. Because he's one of those folks who keep me informed about what's going on outside of my cubicle and takes the time to send me thoughtful feedback. The other blogs are fantastic too (can't we have check boxes so I can choose all of them ?????) and deserve a place in my reader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Second piece of good news: I'm changing jobs!!!!!!!!

This turn of events is a direct result of my blogging. Let me explain....

Tony Karrer found my blog when I first started. Other, highly educated people started reading and I developed some fantastic contacts.

This summer, Dr. Karrer was kind enough to ask me to contribute to an article on blogging for Training and Development, September 2007.

JM, one of the trainers on the academic side, read the article and decided to contact me.

One thing led to another and, next thing I know, I'm leaving health care and going back to higher education. Literally moving across the street....

Oh - and the new job is going to allow me to go to eLearning conferences without having to grovel!!!!! I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!!!!! I'll finally get a chance to meet some of you!!!!!!

None of this would have happened (this easily) if I didn't start blogging.

I start next Monday. Hence my silence - I'm trying to wrap things up in the old job.

4 comments:

Christy Tucker said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope it's everything you are looking for and more! You are wonderful, and you deserve to have a job where you are happy and fulfilled.

Tony Karrer said...

Wow, now that's cool!

Cammy Bean said...

Congratulations on both counts! That's very cool.

Brent Schlenker said...

Congratulations! That's so cool! I now my blog did the same for me. I'm very happy for you. I hope to see you at more Guild events now, right? ;-)
Nice job! Literally!