Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Right-Click

Mark - I'm with ya'. I, too am struggling with the "OMG - I can't right-click! Now what?!?" syndrome.

I suspect this is what we get for 15+ years with the same operating system and not being able to fully replace the old with the new. Makes it tough to establish new rhythms.

I've been focusing on learning keystroke commands. Thus far, I've mastered Copy and Paste. Though, admittedly, I am not spending as much time on the new laptop as I ought to. It's summer and my real-life friends have a way of distracting me...

I liked Clark Quinn's suggestion to you (thank goodness for copy/paste - now I can steal your COMMENTS too....bwahahaha):

Mark, at home I have a mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel, which I use greedily. The right button maps to the command-click, which is the same as a Windows right-click (basically).

When I'm on the road, I just have to remember to command-click. And I LOVE the trackpad two-finger scroll. If you haven't tweaked to that yet, you'll find your use gets much sweeter. Multi-touch from the track-pad to the iPhone...


Must remember - control-click = right-click, control-click = right-click, control-click = right-click.....

Maybe if I practice this enough, I'll remember it.

Or I should just break down and buy a 2 button mouse...

2 comments:

Mark said...

..we should make it a game... ;-)

Wendy said...

Yeah - who can figure this beast out faster!!!

Oh yeah - new tip - shift+apple+3 = PrintScreen
shift+apple+4 = Print Screen section

Or - open Preview and use File>grab>selection. Saves it as a Tiff....

This took me 2 hours to figure out...