Monday, June 04, 2007

2 Weeks Later - Things Forgotten

My co-workers have been amazed by some of the stuff people have forgotten from the training.

"I can't believe they forgot that the little blue i takes you to the patient demographics. That was there in the last version!"

"I know you trained them on verifying results....TWICE!"

"Authorizing Orders is easy - why can't they figure it out!"


What I learned: people are only going to remember the information that is needed immediately. For the docs - the dominant concern was

"How am I going to make it through clinic on Monday."

Anything that fell outside of that issue - verifying results, authorizing orders, and finding patient demographics - is more likely to be forgotten. And was....

Heck - I'm amazed that after the guerilla training we did anyone remembered anything.

No comments: