Thursday, April 05, 2007

What I Need NOW

Maybe it's the stress I'm suffering - but I can only look at what I need right now....

For an ILT or content provider to be worthwhile to me - they need to be able to do the following:

- Give me case studies. The good content folks listen to their customers and figure out how their customers have adapted their content to their purposes. Then they share.....

- Help me with the implementation process. Implementation is ugly. And it's not all about training. They need to be around for the support weeks. The weeks where we are all being bombarded by phone calls from people wondering where they can find a particular function. Because people forget. And the REAL learning occurs when people are attempting to apply what they were taught during training in their real environments.

- Give me basic infomation, then give me the tools to easily customize the information to fit MY needs. I don't WANT to send people to your special site, then have to explain it to them later (or, more likely, deal with the complaints that the material did not apply to them).

Yes - these are probably not long-term business solutions. Tom Haskins and Clark Quinn have better ideas for long term businesses. But if you are looking for short-term, easy kill items. This is what I need right now......

No comments: