Friday, February 09, 2007

When Will They Go Away?!?!?!

I've been having a hard time keeping up with my blogging (and general production) recently. Mostly because I have spent the past 3 weeks in non-stop meetings.

Vendor representatives have been crawling around our site in the name of "resources". That's fine... but I know I have hit the point where I just want them to go away so I can process our discussions and get some work done.

In his post on the Web 2.0 video (which I haven't had a chance to watch yet), Brent says what I've been thinking:

Creativity is not a team sport. (emphasis mine) The reason why Web2.0 is working is because nobody needs to explain their new ideas. They simply create it and put it out there, and see if it sticks. If it sticks...Yahoo buys you for 10 million.

This is also how creative innovation works. You simply do it and then show people. One guy/gal does it alone...or at best a small group of dedicated friends just get together and say, "wouldn't it be cool if...".


Sadly, it sounds like we have another group coming back next week. Maybe if I just hide in my cubicle and stay REAL quiet......

No comments: