Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Snowboarding at Big Sky



I make no claims for the educational value of this video.

I made this video using a Canon Elura 100 Camcorder, a FireWire card and cable, and Windows Movie Maker (which reminds me of a cheap version of Camtasia). Nothing fancy and no extra sound. The clips were from the same tape and all fades, titles and credits were done within Windows Movie Maker.

This took about 30 minutes of troubleshooting (new toys take time to learn), 2 hours of editing, and 10 minutes of download time onto Google Video.

If I were really retentive - I would have overdubbed myself using my "professional tutorial voice."

Life's too short to worry about these sorts of things.

2 comments:

Karyn Romeis said...

Great stuff, Wendy. I laughed out loud at the juxtaposition of Ryan's assertion that you went somewhere for drinks on Wednesday with your text stating that is had been a Sunday. Unfortunate timing, really - my loud guffaw happened to come at a time that a colleague was relating a story of his recent serious illness. Whoops!

Wendy said...

Time had little meaning on that vacation. And more than a few brain cells were killed. Badly needed....

Ryan hasn't seen the final product yet. I'll let you know what he thinks....