Friday, January 12, 2007

Joining Me On My Planet....

It looks like I'm starting to have company on my little planet.....

The Director of Clinical Operations for Medicine, who has been working with us very extensively on this project, came storming into the IT department.

Three of us worked with the system this morning for two hours and we still can't figure out how to add problems, prescribe things, authorize orders or verify results! This is NOT intuitive!!!! We're gonna have to touch EVERYBODY!!!! You were right that we may need 5 hours!!!! They will NEVER figure this out!!!!!!

I have been talking to some of the providers I work with and showing them the system. The feedback has been generally positive. Many of them think it won't take long to learn. I have gotten some interesting comments on how their colleagues might have problems. (Notice it is never them....)

I'll know more in 2 weeks.

Speaking of which.....

I am taking a badly needed vacation next week. This was scheduled long before this madness started.

I'm going to Montana to learn to snowboard and do some soul-searching. I hope I won't even SEE a computer - much less work on one. As a result, I'll be quiet next week and your comments may take a while to post.

Thank you all for your support, advice, and kind words.

1 comment:

Karyn Romeis said...

Oh, I don't think you're alone on that planet. Although I know it feels like that sometimes!