Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Middle Manager Meeting

Now that I have the blessing of the Sr. Managers, I am starting to meet with the departmental managers and providers. The first group consisted of the management staff for OB/GYN, IVF, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, Emergency Medicine, and Psychiatry.

As anticipated, they were not nearly as excited as the Senior Managers. I am a bit nervous since they said very little during the meeting. Admittedly, I only had 15 minutes to present and the Senior Manager's introduction consisted of "You are doing this" rather than any advantages they will see from its use (most importantly, training access).

I've worked with many of these managers during various implementations, so I suspect that I will get more honest feedback later as I encounter them in the halls.

I have more meetings and presentations scheduled during December. As I meet with each group, I have offered to show the system to anyone else they may think would be interested. I'm hoping this subtle buzz-building will help with acceptance.

No comments: