Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Five Things Meme

I'll admit I am not a huge fan of chain letters or tagging games.

Since I have not met most of you in person, I think this is a good opportunity to get to know each other.

Thanks Karyn. I am incredibly flattered you though of me.

So here it goes...5 things you may or may not know about me...

1) I worked at Stone Mountain Park as a laser show technician between '92 and '94. I got to play with powerful lasers and large fireworks. A very cool job - if not terribly renumerative....

2) I am new, avid, golf hacker. Best score to date - 118. And that includes only 1 use of the infamous "overhand wedge" (i.e. throwing the ball out of an inconvient spot - like a bunker). Best legitimate (rules of golf) score - 125.

3) My personal goal for this winter - learn how to snowboard without spending time in the hospital. When I ski, I am the snowplow queen - so I can't be much worse at snowboarding....

4) I am a brand new auntie. Matthew Allen Wickham was born on November 30, 2006 at 9lbs and 7 oz. I look forward to hearing about my brother's hands-on learning experience...

5) My History MA thesis was on the cultural use of Ilex Vomitoria in Georgia.

Tag, you're it!!!! (apologies to those who have already been tagged)

Brent Schlenker
Mark Oehlert
Tony Karrer
Karl Kapp
Alvaro Fernandez

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wendy,

If I hear Lee Greenwood sing "proud to be an American" for the one gazillionth time as I get bit by blood thirsty bugs on the lawn..then I'll know I'm at the St Mt Laser Show! Thanks for the nod...the buck gets passed here.

Karyn Romeis said...

Thanks for playing along. Warning: don't challenge Tony Karrer to golf ;-)